According to a new market research report “Alopecia Treatment (Hair Loss) Market” By Disease Type (Androgenic Alopecia, Alopecia Areata, Ciatricial Alopecia, Traction Alopecia, Alopecia Totalis), Drug Type (Minoxidil, Finasteride, Cyclosporine and Others), Gender (Male, Female), Route of Administration (Oral, Topical, Injectable), Distribution Channel (Hospital, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa, published by Data Bridge Market Research is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 8.21 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 12.40 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 5.3% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the rising geriatric population along with high demand for surgical hair transplant and changing lifestyle.
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the alopecia treatment (hair loss) market are
Cipla,Viviscal,Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.,Regaine,Merck & Co., Inc,Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd,Phyto – Alès Groupe,Kirkland Signature,
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January, 2018, Concert Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced U.S. FDA granted Fast Track designation for CTP-543, a novel, oral Janus kinase (JAK) inhibitor for the treatment of moderate-to-severe alopecia areata, disease which attacks the hair follicles, leading to hair loss.
- In May 2018, Histogen, Inc (U.S.) announced that received approval to Investigational New Drug (IND) application from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to study its lead product in female diffuse hair loss.
- In March 2017, Perrigo Perrigo Company PLC (U.S.) announced the launch of over-the-counter Women’s Rogaine, which helps to regrow hair on top of the scalp.
Medical device companies
Hospitals and clinics
Research and consulting firms
Segmentation:Global Alopecia Treatment (Hair Loss) Market
Global Alopecia Treatment
By Disease Type
(Androgenic Alopecia, Alopecia Areata, Ciatricial Alopecia, Traction Alopecia, Alopecia Totalis),
(Minoxidil, Finasteride, Cyclosporine and Others),
Route of Administration
(Oral, Topical, Injectable),
(Hospital, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies),
(North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)
- Rising geriatric population along with high demand for surgical hair transplant will boost the market
- Changing lifestyle along with increase in stress level among working class population can fuel the growth of the market
- High cost of alopecia treatment (hair loss) is acting as a major restraint for the market
- Side effects/allergic reactions by treatment also acting as a major market restraint.
About Data Bridge Market Research
An absolute way to forecast what future holds is to comprehend the trend today!
Data Bridge set forth itself as an unconventional and neoteric Market research and consulting firm with unparalleled level of resilience and integrated approaches. We are determined to unearth the best market opportunities and foster efficient information for your business to thrive in the market. Data Bridge endeavors to provide appropriate solutions to the complex business challenges and initiates an effortless decision-making process.
Data bridge is an aftermath of sheer wisdom and experience which was formulated and framed in the year 2015 in Pune. We ponder into the heterogeneous markets in accord with our clients needs and scoop out the best possible solutions and detailed information about the market trends. Data Bridge delve into the markets across Asia, North America, South America, Africa to name few.
Data Bridge adepts in creating satisfied clients who reckon upon our services and rely on our hard work with certitude. We are content with our glorious 99.9 % client satisfying rate.