Without wasting any time, I started the medicines as prescribed by my Homeopath. My symptoms started improving, but my doctor also told me that to truly enhance my thyroid’s functioning, I had to change certain aspects of my life pronto. It was then that I realized that the extra effort needs to come from ME if I wanted to go back to my old (or younger) self.
Modifying My Diet
* Constipation was uppermost on my mind because it was my most distressing complaint. And the biggest fighter of constipation is FIBRE. I ditched the chips, biscuits and junk foods and started snacking on salads, beans and fruits instead.
* As far as vegetables were concerned, I had to avoid cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and kale as they can block the thyroid’s ability to absorb iodine, which is essential for normal thyroid function.
* I also switched from sea salt to iodised salt. Iodine is the precursor for the production of thyroid hormone and hence an essential nutrient for thyroid functions.
* Another important nutrient I included was selenium because it helps the thyroid function properly. Snacking on a handful of nuts (Brazil nuts, Macadamia nuts, almonds, cashew nuts, hazel nuts, etc), and adding them to my salads or stir-fries also helped to break the monotony.
Remodelling My Life
* We all know how good exercise is for us, and whenever we go to a doctor, they almost always ask us to exercise as a solution to most of our health issues. But doing the right exercise is extremely important.
* After consulting my doctor, I increased the amount of cardio-respiratory exercises such as swimming, running and brisk walking. Not only did it help me in losing weight but also improved my thyroid function.
* Yoga was another blessing for me. It helped me relax, de-stress and improved my flexibility and energy levels.
* Another thing my physician mentioned was adequate sleep. I avoid staying awake too late at night, and hit the sack early. As a result, I woke up feeling fresher and more energized than before.
Today, I am more in control of my health and this has helped tremendously in improving my thyroid meter as well as my overall wellness meter.
To know more about Hypothyroidism and its symptoms, causes, complications and Homeopathic Treatment visit https://www.welcomecure.com/diseases/hypothyroidism/overview
Disclaimer: This article is written by our Sponsor and we do not take any responsibility for the accuracy of their views. This should not be considered as a substitute for Physician’s advice. Please consult your treating Physician for more details