The programme is being offered through an interactive onsite learning (IOL) platform.
- IIMC to begin post-graduate course in Urdu journalism
- IIT JAM 2017 to be held on February 12: Check out the paper pattern here
- This Delhi man passed IIM A in 2010, appeared for CAT in 2016
- BHU is the only national university: Professor CNR Rao
- Haryana: Skill centre to be established at PGIMS, Rohtak
In a bid to give more opportunities to students willing to pursue distant courses, the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmadabad lunches online education programmes of two year duration.
This programme is being offered with tie up with Hughes Global Education.
- The programme will be available in more than 85 classrooms in over 50 cities
- The total duration of the programme is two years
- As per reports, it is a Post Graduate Management (e-PGP) course
- The course that is being offered is satellite-based education technology for distance learning.
- According to official report, the total cost of the programme is Rs 17 lakh
- The main targets of this course are working executives and entrepreneurs
- The programme is being offered through an interactive onsite learning (IOL) platform
Furthermore, the course is slated to begin from June this year and IIM-A is on the lookout for junior, mid and senior level working professionals and entrepreneurs to enroll for the programme.
Eligibility criteria for the course:
- In order to apply for this course, candidates must possess a graduate degree from a recognised institute/university with minimum 50 per cent
- Also, candidates should posses a valid GMAT, CAT or other similar online admission test score
IIM-A is the first of its kind to offer a two-year management course through distance learning.
IIM faculty member speaks
- While speaking about this course, IIM-A faculty member Biju Varkkey said, “The programme will be intense and vigorous.”
- “The first year will be focused on the core subjects of management, while, in the second year, electives will be offered,” he added
Meanwhile, the CAT 2016 results were announced on January 9.
In a shock to many, there were 20 candidates who scored overall 100 percentile in the exam and surprisingly all of them are male engineers.
– With inputs from PTI
Read: UP Board Exam 2017 to begin from March 16